Kissimmee Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents are especially dangerous for other drivers
Tractor-trailers and other commercial trucks constitute a small number of vehicles on the road, but they comprise a large number of accidents. The impact of a large vehicle, such as a truck or 18-wheeler, is more likely to cause serious injury, trauma or even death than if smaller vehicles were involved. If you or a family member is coping with the effects of an accident, our firm can assist you in seeking compensation for your injuries.
Salazar & Kelly Law Group, P.A. focuses on personal injury including auto accidents, and criminal law in Central Florida and beyond. We can explain your legal options following a collision. Contact our experienced Kissimmee truck accident attorneys today.
Truck accidents are frighteningly common
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration tracks vehicle accidents on America’s roads and provides statistical information about injuries and fatalities. The administration’s most recent survey revealed startling numbers regarding truck accidents nationwide. They showed:
- Large truck accidents increased — Large trucks, such as tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers and heavier commercial trucks like FedEx or UPS vehicles injured more than 20,000 individuals nationwide, up 18 percent from three years prior.
- Light trucks account for a large number of injuries — Light trucks, such as commercial pickup trucks made by Ford or Dodge, accounted for more than 733,000 injuries across the country.
Truck accidents involving large trucks also cost more than 3,600 people their lives, an increase of nearly 9 percent over past years. The vast majority of these fatal accidents are caused by simple driver error. In fact, a federal study revealed that 87 percent of large-truck accidents were a result of driver error, such as poor decision-making or fatigue and inattention. A driver who makes a critical mistake resulting in injuries is often liable for the victim’s medical bills and lost income from missed work time.
A minor collision can cause major injuries
Even a minor impact of a truck and a smaller sedan can produce painful injuries requiring long-term care. The most common accident type is the rear-end collision, which commonly results in the following injuries:
- Whiplash — Whiplash refers to muscle and ligament damage in the back and neck due to sudden jerking. The force of a large truck commonly causes a driver’s head to whip back and forth during a collision. Damage to muscles in your back or spinal column can have lingering effects requiring expensive therapy.
- Broken bones — Any car accident is capable of producing a painful fracture that can leave you unable to work for a long period of time.
- Lacerations — A laceration is a deep cut or scrape. Broken glass, metal and even a deployed air bag can cause serious damage to your arms, neck or face.
If you have suffered any of these injuries and want to know more about your legal options, our Kissimmee truck accident attorneys can help.
Contact us if you have been hurt by a large or light truck in Central Florida
Salazar & Kelly Law Group, P.A. fights on behalf of accident victims in Kissimmee and throughout the neighboring communities. If you or a loved one is recovering from a collision with a truck, we can fight to get you the compensation you deserve for your ordeal. Contact us at 407.483.0500 or online to schedule a free initial consultation.