Kissimmee Drug Crime Attorney
Drug offenses can incur severe punishments
While there are various types of drug charges with varying conviction penalties, all drug crimes are typically prosecuted in an aggressive manner by the district attorney’s office or by federal prosecutors, depending upon the specifics of the case. If you are arrested and charged with drug possession, drug trafficking or another drug crime, you have been caught in the crosshairs of the federal government’s political war on drugs.
Salazar & Kelly Law Group, P.A. was founded by former state attorneys who now practice criminal defense. We know how the government addresses drug crimes, and we use that to aid our clients, contact our Kissimmee drug crime attorneys today.
Drug crime sentences depend on several factors
Drug crimes involve illegal drugs, illegally obtained prescription drugs and certain other chemicals. The degree of crime with which you are charged typically depends upon:
- The type of drug — Controlled substances are broken down into different categories based on their perceived severity. Illegally obtained prescription drugs, alcohol and marijuana are all categorized differently than substances such as cocaine or heroin.
- The amount of the drug — Both federal and state courts charge defendants based on the weight of the substance seized.
- The perceived use of the drugs — Courts consider whether a defendant intended to distribute the substance to others or whether they were meant for personal use.
- Your prior criminal record — Prior convictions, especially for drug offenses, can play a major role in how the government decides to charge you and what sentence you may incur.
A conviction for any drug crime can have a huge impact on your future. A knowledgeable Florida criminal defense lawyer can lessen the impact.
A firm that can take on any type of drug charge
Our attorneys are former prosecutors who have handled hundreds of cases. Our firm has dealt with all types of drug charges, including:
- Drug possession
- Obtaining a controlled substance by fraud
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Drug trafficking
- Distribution and/or delivery
- Attempted sale of illegal drugs or controlled substances
- Possession of paraphernalia or manufacturing equipment
- Manufacturing or cultivation of drugs
We also handle federal drug offenses and related charges. If you are facing the consequences of an arrest, it is vital to have an experienced attorney by your side.
Schedule a free initial consultation with our Kissimmee drug crimes attorneys about your case
Salazar & Kelly Law Group, P.A. defends Florida residents against charges relating to drugs or controlled substances. Our attorneys have experience prosecuting and defending drug crimes, and we can put that knowledge to work for you. Make an appointment for a free initial consultation at our main office in Kissimmee and our branch offices in Altamonte Springs and Orlando by calling us at 407.483.0500 or contacting us online.